What to Wear in Morocco as a Female Traveler
Packing for conservative countries, like Morocco, can be tricky– especially when the weather is warm. While it’s good to stay covered, it’s also essential to stay cool. Local women dress conservatively, but you’ll see a wide range of styles on the streets of this ultra-popular tourist destination.
Women in tourist areas wear everything from bikini tops to burkas. I highly recommend finding some middle ground, respecting local culture, and dressing conservatively in Morocco. Street harassment is common, and, like it or not, the amount of attention and respect that you get will depend on what you wear.
Want to look and feel amazing on your adventure? Here’s what to wear in Morocco as a female traveler!
– – Clothing Tips for Morocco – –
- Dress for the Weather: In the winter, you’ll find temperature from forty to seventy, and in the hottest months of summer, days range from seventy to over one hundred degrees Fahrenheit. At any time of the year, bring warm layers for the evening.
- Bring Practical Shoes: Closed-toe and comfortable shoes are must-haves for long days of exploring. It’s also handy to have flip-flops for when you want to run around the riad or campgrounds.
- Think Loose and Flowy: All things lightweight and full coverage are ideal — loose trousers or maxi skirts are perfect. A tunic shirt with leggings or a full kaftan are perfect too. Not only does full coverage allow you to dress conservatively in Morocco, it will also protect you from the sun.
- Wear a Scarf: Whatever you wear, have a lightweight scarf with you. You can use is to cover up before going into a mosque or just keep the sun off your skin when you’re overheating. Moroccan scarves are also gorgeous souvenirs. You’ll find them in pretty much any city or town, so you don’t need to bring your own if you don’t want to.
- Use Sun Protection: The sun in Morocco can be intense throughout the year. Bring sunglasses, a hat, and sunscreen.
Shop my favorite Moroccan-inspired Styles!
Kiersten Rich 2017-08-01T10:26:40+00:00